Prevention and Early Diagnosis with Microscope Dentistry
It is well known that dental problems are easier to prevent than to fix after they’ve taken hold. Because Newington Family Dentistry is committed to offering our patients the best dental care available, we like to stay at the forefront of technological advances. As such, we are proud to offer our patients the valuable service of dental microscopy.
What is Dental Microscopy?
As the name implies, dental microscopy or microscope dentistry involves the use of a surgical microscope to examine the teeth and oral structures. This is a huge improvement over the older technology of the dental loupes (magnifying glasses), and enables us to see a great deal more detail than ever before.
With microscope dentistry, our practice is able to detect problems before they are visible to the naked eye. As we are committed to preventive dentistry, the dental microscope is invaluable addition to our toolbox for early diagnoses and treatment. With this advantage we are able to detect any issues and proceed with treatment well before your situation becomes a real problem.
Benefits of Dental Microscopes:
- Detection of any tiny spots of decay before development into full-fledged cavities
- All decay can be seen during treatment, to facilitate 100% removal. This is especially important in endodontic treatment, also called root canal therapy.
- Tiny crevices in the teeth’s structure are detectable, allowing us to treat them before a true crack develops.
- Microscopic precision provides beautiful cosmetic coverage of flaws.
- You, as the patient, can view your dental structures via microscope, adding to your understanding of the treatment required.
- Laser dentistry treatments can be better monitored with microscopy.
- Less removal of healthy tissue.
- Less post-operative discomfort, faster healing, and better end results
All of these benefits mean a higher standard of care for patients. Early detection leads to less invasive treatment-small problems are easier to treat, take less time, and quite often incur far lower costs to remedy.
Is Microscope Enhanced Dentistry Widely Available?
Fewer than 1% of dentists in the US are currently offering surgical quality microscope dentistry as part of their diagnostic and treatment services. The device used is the same type of microscope that is commonly used by surgeons and medical specialists and provides many times more magnification than is available with the typical dental loupes (magnification glasses). The result is a more precise, thorough treatment. We can see your gums, teeth, and oral structures at different levels of magnification (up to 18 times) by simply turning the knob. This advanced dental microscope technology helps you maintain more of your own healthy tooth structure, helping us to keep your teeth strong and healthy for a lifetime!
If you are looking for the most thorough dental treatment available, call us at (860) 666-7910 to schedule a visit or click here to schedule an appointment.